Advent

We have been learning about advent in RE and have been discussing advent calendars.

Usually you would receive a little gift of chocolate from your advent calendar but I’d like you to think about what gifts you would give if you could. I’d like you to choose 10 gifts you would give and why.

They don’t have to be to the same person and they don’t have to be physical things like a new car. It might be something as simple as doing the washing up or making someone laugh who is feeling sad.

Remember to write in a paragraph and check your spelling and punctuation.

91 thoughts on “Advent”

1. I would trade them something and get something very good so I can sell it and give it to the homeless people who need that kinda money to buy food and get other things so I can sell it to the homeless because I want to be a nice person and treat other nicely

Reply
      • I would help homeless people buy food I would give a chocolate and presents I will give a new iPhone to my mum I would give a lizard to my dad. I will give my brother a new xbox I will give my other brother a car. I will get my dogs a new toy………..

Reply
  2. I will gith Alfie a now drtbice so he can go on the trac to rest and to do backflips and a now phone from the appall stud so he can ring people, a now PS4 and now games to play on, and a now laptop so he can woohoo moorish on, AirPods. Naw Ian I will gith hem AirPods to Lisbon to his moosic and a now phone so he can coll people, laptop to woch moorish, boxin giyer so he can win oll of the fish he plays, intedow switch to play on fee from 20 and fortint.

Reply
  3. I love Christmas and I would give my mum a new phone because hers is rubbish (it lasts for 1hour).i would give my dad a wooden reindeer for his back garden; I would give my brother a squishy PS4 controller ( because he gets mad a lot at his game). I would give my grandma Jean a robot to help her with tall things; I would give my grandad Eddie a walking stick with a seat and wheels. I would give my grandma Yvonne a free shop of her own with personal assistants; I would give my grandad Arthur a telescope because he always says “love you to the moon and back”. I would give school extra equipement like swings and a slide. I would get my cousin Erica a red rose that will last forever like my died grandad in my heart. Finally I would give the world joy and peace to war and disagreements with other countries in losing brexit. If I could I would give everyone something to help them but sadly I can’t yet.

Reply
  4. I would give my sister a makeup set new shoes a chemistry set 3 different colours of big diamonds a iPhone 11 an American holiday an iPad a iBook laptop free Netflix for life a 83 inch screen tv

Reply
  5. If I could give 10 gifts away, I would give a baby puppy for my nephew and niece to share, A Lamborghini my mum and dad to share, A new phone for my sister Ella. A snake for my sister Lucy. New makeup for Molly. I’d give Lexi a Husky/dog I would give my dad a new phone and tablet. I’d give Jess some Makeup, and last but not least, I would give A 2 floored rabbit cage for me.

Reply
  6. 1) I would give it to my mum and do her washing and surprise her.
    2) I would give to my mum also and do the polishing (it is my favourite job).
    3) I would give to my dad and buy him some new deodorant because he gives me so much.
    4) I would give to my little brother and play with him all day and share my sweets with him
    5) I would give some friendship bracelets to my friends.
    6) I would buy my mum a chocolate bar since she loves them.
    7) I would make all the teachers a gift bag with cake and chocolate in.
    8)I would buy my little brother a Ryan toy review egg since he’s obsessed with them.
    9) I would let my sisiter have one of my ice lolly’s that she loves.
    10) I would buy my family all a gift of surprises and a home made card.

Reply
  7. 1) Give my mum a nice blo of my tomato soup
    2)Make Ruby an Oreo Krushems
    3) Play with my little sister (Lottie)all day
    4) Do what ever Franky wants to do for a whole day
    5) Help my dad with cleaning in the kitchen on Sundays
    6)Help Logan with her project
    7)Go swimming with my cousin
    8)Do magic tricks with Arche
    9)Make Lacey an ice lolly out of jusce
    10)Make popcorn for my hole family and watch a film

Reply
  8. I’d give joe a new car and my mum a iPhone and my dad a new house I would give Eddie some more toys and Dede a new teddy I would give Rhys a new lphone 11 and I will give lexi a new laptop and I would get mrs Dawson a chocolate cake and I would give mrs Rogers a new diary I would give my uncle lee a new van because all of them are very nice to me and awesome

Reply
  9. I wold give my mum the gift of relaxation because she is always helping me and doing house work.I wold gift my friend Aaron the gift of time because he helps his baby brother and mum.I-wold gift my dad a Nintendo ds so we could play together.I wold gift my friend Adam a bike because he can race his friends. I wold gift my cousin Ian boxing gear so he can win his boxing match.I wold gift my papa(grandad)the gift of strength because he had a operation on his leg recently.

Reply
  10. I would give my mum help with watching my new puppy and Lucas .
    I would give my dad help when he needs to put his bike away or fix it.
    I would help brody with questions.
    I would help my nana when my mum and dad go on a bike meet.
    I would make my neighbors laugh.
    I would be more nice t everyone in class.
    I would help people with spelling.
    I would be more onset to people.
    I would help people if there hurt.
    I would be more sensible in class.

Reply
  11. I would help my mum by doing the washing up or something to help her .
    I would help my dad the car at the weekend
    I would help both my sisters clean their rooms because they’re sometimes messy. I would give my friends a snack each at break time
    I would I would save some of my money to buy my little brother a toy
    I would save some of my money to help my parents with their next holiday
    I would help my oldest sister by buying her art supply’s because she is an artist
    I would help homeless people by donating money to them
    I would try and get my family an early christmas present
    I would help my parents look after my little brother

Reply
  12. I would give my mum a mansion, a car, a bike, flowers, iPhone 11 pro, laptop. I would give all the teachers laptops, phones, chocolate. I would give it to those people because they are all very nice to me.

Reply
  13. Look after the babies for my mum while she does the pots or make tea for us. I would help her a lot by looking after the twins while she does something if they are crying.

Wash the pots for my Nan because she always has to do everything when I am there so I help her out and I wash the pots for her. She always has to clean make the beds make sore we have brushed our teeth, done our hair (if we are a girl), make sore we are dressed and if we are going out make sore we are ready. So I would definitely help her by washing the pots as a surprise of help.

Help Maddison (my 1st sibling) on the toilet because she is potty training but she is being a really big girl and going on the toilet so I would help her on the toilet.
    Help my grandad if he needs help getting somewhere because he needs crutches and he can’t go very far. So if he needed something I would get it for them.

Give my friends a gift if they are feeling down because there favourite family member sadly passed away. So I would cheer them up by giving them something that they will remember their family member with.

Take my Nan’s dog for a walk over the bridge and passed my friends house so if I get lost I can go to my friends I will know where I am going after that.

I would feed the twins because they are weening a bit so I would warm the food and give it to them so it is one less job for my mum to do.

I would help my mum do a lot of things so then I can play out with my friends and go out with them if there mum and my mum say so e.g. go swimming, go Farnworth.

I would give a homeless person something to eat so then they are dieing of starvation. It is nice to respect a homeless person by giving them something to eat.

I would help someone with there shopping if they were struggling to carry it so I would go over to them and ask if they need help. If they say yes then I would help them to were they were going to.

I would give someone a bar of chocolate to cheer them up if they were feeling sad. If I saw someone sad walking through Farnworth with a upside down smile I would run into Asda and buy a bar of chocolate to cheer someone up.

Reply
  14. I would like to give a gift to the homeless and get them off the streets,
    Then i would give a gift to my friend of a baby sibling because they get lonely a lot,
    After that i would give three gifts to my perants because they do everything for me,
    I would give two gifts of love and more pets to my auntie,
    last of all i would give three gifts to my grand dad his memory back, a photo of me before he dies, a best friend who he can be with every day.

Reply
  15. I would do the dishes for Debbie if she was busy. I would like to put a smile on my sisters face because she is miserable. I would make my friend laugh if he or she was sad. I would shut up if I was being annoying. I would donate clothes to the homeless. I would donate dogs treats to the animal shelter. I wold donate toys to the charity. I would give money to my friend if it was there birthday. I would help my teacher set up the classroom if they was busy or fed up. I would bring cakes for the fire men because they help us.I would do the dishes for Debbie if she was busy. I would like to put a smile on my sisters face because she is miserable. I would make my friend laugh if he or she was sad. I would shut up if I was being annoying. I would donate clothes to the homeless. I would donate dogs treats to the animal shelter.

Reply
  16. I would give my first gift to Mia because she has been there for me at all times my 2nd would go to chloe because we spend time together my 3rd would be to miss Fitton because she is the headteacher my 4th would be to mrs dawson because i love computing and she is really nice my 5th would be for lilly because she has been there for me my 6th gift would be for My friend klaudia for always looking out for me my 7th would be to ruby because she is my bestfriend 8th would be for amelia because if i am upset all i need to do is go up to her then she makes me laugh then my 9th would be Mia again because she puts a smile on my face and my 10th would be too my family because they have brought me up and helped me get through thing

Reply
      • I would give myself the gift of trying to step of the escerlater because if it is something simple i can trouble shoot it myself not letting a teacher doing it for me.

Reply
  17. For advent I would give presents to five people. The first person I would give presents to would be my best friend Paige and I would give her a awesome cure for her sensitive face if I could. I would also give her a new bike because she has had that same bike for ages. The next person I would give a present to is my mum and I would give her the present that I would wash the pots every day because she hates doing it all the time the other present I would give to her is a new bike since her last bike got stole when she left it outside at our old house. The next person will give a gift to is my old friend Tia and I would give her my phone number because when I left lanzoroty I didn’t see her again the other present I would give her is a floaty because when we would swim together she said that she wanted to relax On a floaty. The next person I would give a present to is my dad and I would get him some new cloths because when he comes home from work his clothes are always dirty the other present I would give him are slippers Because whenever he walks around the house he always gets stuff on his feet. The next person I will give a present to is my sister Amber I will give her a cake because she loves cake the next thing I will give her is a knitting bag because she loves knitting. The next person I will give a present to my litter sister Anna I would give her a new bike because her bike has a poped tyre the other present I would give to her is a chad valley doll because she really likes them.

Reply
      • I would give myself a puppy and a kitten because I only have a cat and I was young when I got her same with my dog and I really want a puppy and a kitten.

Reply
      • The gift that I would give my self is to spend more time with my family and friends and go outside more because me and my friends might drift apart after leaving primary then going into high school.

Reply
  18. If I could I would give 5 gifts to my mum and they would be a new phone , a new tv , new clothes, some makeup and a kindle because my mum’s been there for me she’s been there when I need her and she’s fed me and grew me up to be the nice kind person I am and she’s also gave me things and spent her money to make sure I have Christmas presents and birthday presents. Then I would give 5 presents to my dad and they would be a new car , some man perfume , new clothes , a puppy and a gift card to go to a restaurant. I would give him them because he cares for me . He also gives me anything I ask for . He makes sure he always has time for me and he also makes sure I get something

Reply
      • I would give myself nothing as a gift. Because all I need in life is my family and for them to love me like they do. I wouldn’t give myself a gift because I have everything a need . And my gift is to have my family like I do. And all I need in life is family and love .

Reply
  19. I would give it all to my mum I would give her love, hope, happiness, joy, I would make her happy when she feels sad, I would make her a brew, I will do the washing, I will do the dishes, I will do the tidying up. I would do this because I could never have a better mum than the one I have.

Reply
  20. I would give my mum happiness because she needs it at the moment. I would give Phil the gift of big hugs because I don’t really see him much. I would give myself the gift of immortality because I am afraid of death. I would relieve my Aunty Emmi of back pain because it hurts her. I would give my uncle Jack the gift of sleep because he doesn’t have a lot of it. I would give Meagan the gift of money because she loves to spend it. I would give my Aunty shell the gift of the whole catalog for shopping for boots. I would give my grandma good health because breathing problems. I would give my grandad the gift to come back to life because my whole family misses him. Finally I would give Jack Lee the gift of friendship because he is the best friend ever.

Reply
  21. I would give my mum 5 presents because she is so kind and she does the housework so I think the gifts I’d give her is… washing clothes in the washing machine and drying them, doing the dishes when they are dirty, give her a hug, Hoover the house and do what she says all the time. I would give my dad 5 gifts because he is hurt and in pain and he goes to work even with a really bad foot so I would give him… A cuddle so he feels better, get all his stuff when he comes upstairs, make sure he is ok and make him a drink, do what he tells me and tidy his room. I would do this because they are sometimes not happy and I want them to be so I would do it just to cheer them up, not money or anything! I love them.

Reply
  22. 2 for Mrs Dawson for teaching us re and computing
    2 for my mum mat because there really kind
    2 for Laura and my dad for looking after me
    2 for Mrs Todd and farmworth for being the best teacher ever
    2 for Mrs Burke and Mrs lobas because they’ve been amazing teaching assistant

Reply
  23. The first gift is toys, I would give toys to the children in the hospitals because they don’t have a lot of hope.
    The second gift is a new car, I would buy a new car for my mum because she got a new car and it is a Nissan Juke and now and new Nissan Juke is out.
    The third gift is hope, I would give hope the homeless/poor people of the world and try and get them in homes or a shelter.
    The fourth gift is washing the dishes, I would wash the dishes because my dad and gran always do them so this Christmas I will washes the dishes.
    The fifth gift is dog toys, I would buy some new dog toys for my cute little doggy Alfie because he has got some old dirty toys.
    The sixth gift is the save more palm oil, I would save more palm oil and make animals no more endangered.
    The seventh gift is to save the trees, I will save the trees because trees provide 70% of the worlds oxygen and oxygen is everything.
    The eighth gift is a new job, I would try to get my gran a better job with more money to be earned.
    The ninth gift is warm meal, I would give a warm meal to some homeless/poor people and also the elderly.
    The last gift is for teachers, I would give gifts to teachers because they make people learn interesting things and they waste there time for the children at school.

Reply
  24. I would give my mum love happiness and help because she said she feel like she is the only one in our house who carse.
    I would give my brother a smile and laughter because he most of the time doesn’t socialise.
    I would give my dad tears of happiness because he needs to cry once while I’m here.
    I would give the rest of my family time together and love as I don’t see them a lot.
    I would give the work peace and friendlyness as war goes on.

Reply
      • This is a hard disision because I have everything I want. I have love happiness and an amazing family what else could I ask for. Well there might be one thing. That thing is confidence I do lack a bit in confidence.

Reply
  25. I would give toys away to charity for children who haven’t got any presents at Christmas because that is being kind. I would give love to everyone I see to make them feel better. I would by my mum a new car because she has just passed her driving test. I would get my dad a new phone because he has smashed it. I would get my brother some cars because he loves cars . I would get my cousin some Barrie dolls n cause she likes them alto. I wold get my nana some chocolates because that was a her favourite food. I would also give my dad laugheder because he doesn’t laugh a lot. I would get my mum a ticket to go and watch someone sing or dance or even a show. I would get all my family a picture of all of f us so we can all remember echother. I would get everybody I know some fruit because they don’t eat fruit.

Reply
  26. I would like to give my family chocolate pets like dogs cats hamsters tarantula and bearded dragons and give other people homes food and money to help with there families work.

Reply
  27. 1.I’d give a new bracelet charm to my mum because she loves her bracelet and needs more charms. She really deserves it for all of the hard work she does considering she’s already got her degree to be a teacher and doing something she has never done before. Whilst looking after me and my grumpy brother.
    2.I’d give the new NHL game for my brother because he has not a lot of games and is bored of FIFA and can sometimes be nice to me but not often other tan that he kind of deserves it.
    3.I’d buy a signed Leeds t-shirt for my dad as he is one of the biggest fans of Leeds football team.
    4.I’d give a new expresso coffee machine to my grandma because she likes coffee more than any drink.
    5.I’d give the real model of Yoda’s lightsaber to Mrs Burke because she and I both love star wars.
    6.I’d get Mrs Dawson the newest apple laptop because she is astonishingly good at computing.
    7.I’d get my little cousin 10 LOL’S because she loves them more than any doll.
    8.I’d get my auntie the best art supplies in the world because she is the most amazing artist I know.
    9. I’d get my other auntie a new dog because the one she has is very lonely and she wants a new one.
    10.Last but not least I’d get my uncle a new up to date Porsche even though his is nice.

Reply
  28. I would give my family an advent because they help me and I get to play with them and it fun I would give it to my family because they work hard and get money I would help them by doing the washing and helping with my little baby sister

Reply
      • I would give my friends and family an advent because they help me with school work
        *I would give my mum an advent by doing the washing
        *I would give my friends a cake
        *I would give my dad a car
        *I would give my sister a sweet
        * I would give my brother a football
        *I would my grandma a blanket
        *I would give my little baby sister a scooter
        *I would give the teachers a tub of sweet
        *I would give my friend ruby an cookie cake
        *I would give my school a big toy

Reply
  29. 1) I would help homeless people by doing a charity sale of items people don’t want so that they can go and have a nice Christmas in a nice warm place with hot food.
    2) I would help my dad with his work because he never gets time to spend with me because he works very long hours at his business and helps his drivers when they need help. I would help him to finish early and he can rest so we can do some fun things together.
    3) If I had money I would help my brother with some money because he says he is struggling to pay his rent/bills.
    4) I would make the people help each other weather it’s their family or not.
    5) I would help cleaning my mum with house work because she is always busy with university and reading so many books and doing assignments. She also has to go to her university work to learn and sometimes she is very tired to do the cleaning, so I will help her clean and cook. 6) I would make someone laugh if there feeling sad ☹️ for example someone I don’t know. If I find them sitting sad I will talk to them and make jokes to make them laugh.
    7) I would play with someone if they had no one to play with at school
    8) I would stop bullying and help everyone to get along because bullying is bad and it makes people scared or sad.
    9) if I could I would make a bigger yard if there are too many kids in a school and make them happy than cramped.
    10) I would clean people’s car and it will be for free and ask them to make a donation if they want.

Reply
      • 5) I would help my mum with cleaning and house work because she is always busy with university and reading so many books and doing assignments she also has to get up early and when she need a rest I would gladly help her

Reply
  30. 5) I would help my mum with house work because she is always busy with university and reading so many books and doing assignments. She also has to go to her university work to learn and sometimes she is very tired to do the cleaning, so I will help her clean and cook.

Reply
  31. 1)I would help my nanna with the washing up and cleaning the clothes up so them she is not alone doing it and help with the house work.
    2)I will give my mum a new puppy and to help with the dog and to feed it and give it water also to take it out for walks and call it jake and I will love it forever.
    3)I will help the poor people and give a lot of money to charity so I can help them out.
    4)I will give my nanna a new phone with my money and to help her out with any thing what needs doing like a job.
    5)I will give my grandad new golf clubs because he loves to play golf and likes to do it with me and it will be so wonderful.
    6)I will get my self a new computer because mine keeps glitching out and I will want to get a new one and fix my old broken computer.
    7) I will give my nannna a new tv because hers is not as good as the living rooms.
    8)I will give my granddad a new watch because he needs it.
    9)I will help people in need because they need food and water to live
    10)I will like the world to chand and to be better

Reply
  32. I would give these people these gift because, one they are my friends and family. Even though they can annoy you still can give some one a gift around Christmas and make shoure that there hands are clean so they do not get infected with bugs and germs.

Reply
  33. For Christmas I would like to give people gifts. I would like to give people money pets cars chocolate teady bears and even more gifts I would like to cure cancer axma and hypertherma for Christmas. Merry Christmas

Reply
  34. For Christmas I would like to give people gifts. I would like to give people money pets cars chocolate teady bears and even more gifts I would like to cure cancer axma and hypertherma for Christmas. Merry Christmas

Reply