Rainforest storm

Image result for rainforest storm

Imagine that you live in the rainforest and that you have just experienced a tremendous storm. Describe what it was like.

 What could you hear?
 Did the animals do anything differently?
 Were the smells and sounds not the same as usual?
 How did you protect yourself from the weather?

Remember to use lots of descriptive words and phrases – use adjectives, adverbs and similes.

89 thoughts on “Rainforest storm”

1. The storm was miserable I looked out my widow and heated what sounded like the Bowles of a banshee. But no it was the tapping of the storm it broke my window the lightning struck faster than I could blink! The storm was so bad it knocked over all of my new fences and I just got them in! The storm thundered and cracked like I’d never seen before it was rapidly scary and cruisifying.

Reply
      • The storm was miserable I looked out my window faster and heated what sounded like the howlers of a banshee. But no it was the tapping of the storm it brok the trees in the rainforest the lightning struck smashing my window intensely I could be rly blink I was so. scared! My fence I just built was all broken and wrecked I had no idea what to do.

Reply
  2. I was on a rain forest trip and I was distracted by some spider monkeys, the group went with out me. I got lost I was lost for about 20miunets it was starting getting dark, the animals started to howl ( now I was getting scared) luckily I found a place to stay for the night. Shour it was cold but it was dry. It was about midnight when I heard a tree fall I woke up shivering in fright. It was a storm I knew it because it was raing cats and dogs. The wind was so powerful that it blew down trees I almost died. I smelt like the tip in town I was being sick all night it slowly past over I hade gotten no sleep my group finely reaslyed that I was missing and sent a helicopter to find me .

Reply
  3. I lice the oboe with year4 then year1 wen we did the posh on I med my purple posh on. My third wrevot was year5 because we ran and it is myfrevot spurt. I lice year 3 because we med cutis.

Reply
  4. One day in the ranforist animals are firing each uver then oll fo the animuls are gangin up on me to eet me lice I am food. I went across the brig then stom cum crashing dan at the brig. Nillie oll fo the trees are foling dan on the flur. I ran as fast as I can bac across the bamboo brig oll of the animuls are runing a babie munk fell of the top of the canpie I corit it and put it in shelter I ran and court the never animuls. The storm is shooting dan lice it is screening don the brig is set on finer but it is purple even the ston is purple. The stom is stop shooting dan oll fo the animuls are sad because there home is recast.

Reply
      • The slips bamboo brig is verniers slipi as ice out side. Oll of the trees are slipi so you can not fet up them not Muncie or jaguars. I can not even put one finger on the trees because your finger will get struck on the trees even the leaf on the trees are froson noting can get up the trees. You can not cut it Dane not eevon the Chensor noting can cut the trees Dane and I men noting.

Reply
  5. I can hear the monkeys howling while climbing up the large tree and the snakes slivering into trees. The storm was cracking and exploding in the gray stormy distance

Reply
      • The gloomy weather was sparked and then the storm crashed and zapped a young tree.Then the terrible storm flooded 20 inches from the ground so I climbed up to the emergent layer of the tree and waited along time to get down

Reply
  6. One day I went on an adventure to the end of the rainforest we’re I would see my grandfather and my grandmother but then a sudden change of wind and a new storm is going to make its way to the point where I am. It was very annoying because I had to run to my grandmother and I would have been dreading it

To be honest I would have died if I had no problem with the navigation

Reply
  7. The leaves were shaking and falling down, The thunder banged like a firework hitting the sky with lightening just as bright. All the animals were scared and tried to hide or find shelter. Everything smelt damp yet fresh. The noise was deafening. I hide under the roots of a fallen tree. Then at last it passed.

Reply
  8. I was on a rainforest trip to discover new species I never seen before with my map. Accidentally, I dropped it into the flowing river, not able to catch it. I watched in horror as my only thing to stop me from getting lost is gone. Anxiously, I tried to follow the river as I might find my way back. It was getting dark, the more it was getting dark, the more I lost hope in myself. Strange animals started to howl and it was getting really cold, it suddenly started to rain, like a lot. Of course it was going to rain, it’s called the rainforest for a reason. I was getting frostbite and I started to shiver. Further in the midnight sky, I stopped lightning, there was a storm. Scared, I ran under a tree with the monkeys and covered myself with my coat. I noticed that the monkeys wanted to lead me somewhere so I followed them. They lead me to a cave. Wow, the monkeys saved my life. I gave them some food to thank them, I mostly gave them bananas. I slept to feel safe. In the morning the storm was gone. I was saved! I hugged the monkeys and continued my journey back home, I followed the river and I could see my boat. I sailed off. With a sign of relief, I returned home.

Reply
  9. I was just walking through the vast rain forest and I was researching an Aye aye (a little monkey with orange eyes). It was getting a bit dusk and gloomy; it was getting a bit chill like the Antarctica in winter. Anyway I was trying to find shelter because I crashed my plain and all I had to survive was;
    A crunched up packet chess and onion crisp
    4 bottles of luke warm water
    Out of date milk
    A pack of 10 biscuits with 4 half eaten ones
    BANG!BOOM! W-w-w-what was that? Ahhh! Oh no… A storm waht am I going to do? I have no one with me and I have burly any food. The forest is one fire what are the animals doing, all the animals were hiding in and colossal tree it seems like they are used to it. Beneath, the storm I was trying to make a fire but it just won’t… Yes! It worked! In the morning, the storm has finally gone and I can hear a helicopter. OVER HERE OVER HERE HELP HELP!! A few years later, ” and that my kidos is how I survived the vast storm and I still did my job” I replied ” I research the cute, orange eye, Aye aye”. The end.

Reply
  10. During the rainforest storm the noise was as loud as a crowd of people waiting for a hotdog. The monkeys were making some strange noise and they were not just howling they were roaring and screaming. The snakes were normally vicious and not scared of anything and now when every they see something they cower away from little dart frogs. The trees were stumbling down the dominoes and the rivers were dancing like it was a dance performance. The plant were dance just like the river but faster than the river.

Reply
  11. The rainforest storm was stronge and brave it ran around all the animals. It smell like something was burning but it was just the storm grabbing the tree and throwing them. The animals ran of in fear and didn’t know what to do. So I made a shelter until this devasting storm left . But I could see the animal coming towards me to come in my small shelter .

Reply
  12. I was trapped in the rainforest ,scared, hopeless and worried about what would happen next. There was a storm approaching scarily and quickly and all of the animals took shelter, all but me. I couldn’t find any shelter at all but just palm tree leaves. I gathered palm leaves and sticks to make a den but it just wasn’t enough, I needed to find a cave. After 10 minutes I finally found a cave with no wild animals in it, and refuged there for the rest of the night.

Reply
  13. One sunny day , I was on a trip to the rainforest to check out the wild animals at The rainforest.they were all so pretty colours most of them were not so pretty.The rainbow were different colours like the animals.Suddenly a shoot from the sky hit the floor shivered up to the tree .As it fell down to the water fall. The tree sincked into the water.the lightning was the color purple and black and the water fall when black as it hit the water and crashed into the Rocky Mountains rocks.

Reply
  14. One sunny day I was in the rain forest I looked at pretty animals with lots of different colours and I got to get some pictures for my camera and I got some really good ones like a bird and a deer and a little lizard and a spider and others it was so much fun it was like having a party suddenly out of nowhere out of the sky purple and black lightning came out from the sky as I fell in the waterfall I swam and I ran as I got out of that horrible storm in time.

Reply
  15. I have just witnessed a horrible storm in the exotic rainforest the animals were acting so strange and noisy all night because that’s how long the storm was here for the storm was as powerful as a banshee. All the smells were different like a burning sensatoin in the air. The only way that I could take cover was with my new family the arangutans in there cave of leaves. I also had to take care of their baby’s why they were hunting for food their vegan food wasn’t as bad but I liked human food better. At least I survived this horrific storm.

Reply
      • I have just witnessed a horrible storm. In the exotic rainforest the animals were acting so strange like a cat on a hot tin roof. They were being so noisy all night, because that’s how long the storm was here for. The storm was as powerful as a swirling banshee. All the smells were different like a burning sensatoin in the air. The only way that I could take cover was with my new family. The arangutans in there cave of leaves we all ran very guickly to the cave. I had to take care of their baby’s why they were hunting for food for everyone kindly. Their vegan food wasn’t as bad but I like meat better. At least I survived this horrific storm. Not only did I survive it but I did it with my family.

Reply
  16. One night it was terrable .I was stuck in a rainforest. I was very scared and didnt know were to go. I didnt know were i was. I started to scream when the animals started howling just like a banshe. The storm was loud,scary,and also lifethreatning .i didnt fell comfortable were i was . I wish it had STOPED.

Reply
    • Good description.
      * Go over your sentences and re-write them correcting words with apostrophes, capital letters and upper case i’s.

Reply
      • One night it was terrable.I got really scared and had nowhere to hide.I started to scream as the animals in where screaming like a howling banshee.I did’nt feel comfortable were i was and i was very scared.

Reply
  17. The storm was miserable, I looked out my widow and heard what sounded like the howls of a banshee. It wasn’t the wind it was the lighting ,it was dancing about in the sky like a beautiful ballet. The storm thundered and cracked like I’d never seen before it was rapidly scary and amazing. It was starting to get dark, the animals started to howl. I found a place to stay for the night. Sure it was cold but it was dry. The wind was so powerful that it blew down trees and rubbish swirled around like a Waltzer on the fairground. As morning came and the storm died down I was almost sad that it as ended.

Reply
      • The storm was miserable, I looked out my widow and heard what sounded like the howls of a banshee. It wasn’t the wind it was the lighting ,it was dancing about in the sky like a beautiful ballet. The storm thundered and cracked like I’d never seen before it was rapidly scary and amazing. It was starting to get dark, the animals started to howl loudly like a siren in the night. I found a place to stay for the night. Sure it was cold but it was dry. The wind was so powerful that it blew down trees and rubbish swirled around like a Waltzer on the fairground. As morning came and the storm died down I was almost sad that it as ended.

Reply
  18. Ground is shaking. Leaves are rattling. I cant control myself in this storm. The animals were running around like a screaching Banshee’

Reply
      • Ground is shaking. Leaves are rattling. I can not control myself in this catastrophe. I was scared; not knowing what to do, not knowing how to handle it, and not knowing where to go. I had nobody with me, no map, no navigation, no compass. I couldn’t handle it. I couldn’t take it no more. The animals were like a screaming banshee. The wind blew rubbish everywhere like a twister on the fairground. The wind screamed like people on the gravity wheel.

Reply
  19. One miserable day, I was on a rainforest trip scouting for animals for our zoo . Then a few minutes later I was walking around then I heard a Big Bang it sounded like two metal pots collided together I carried on walking then I heard it again then I stopped to see what it was then I saw the clouds go grey suddenly it started raining heavy I hated it,I looked for shelter but it was a laborious task . Finally I saw a leaf that could shelter an elephant . I ran under it . BOOM BANG POW !!! The storm roared and stomped on a mammoth sized tree I ran from the rainforest POW ! It blocks the exit the clouds cried and the rain got heavier was I going to survive ?…

Reply
      • One miserable day, I was on a rainforest trip scouting for animals for our zoo. Suddenly a few minutes later I was walking aroun then loudly I heard a big bang it sounded like two metal pots collided together I Carried on walking then as loud as a lion roaring I heard it again then i stopped to see what it was then I saw the clouds go grey . Suddenly it started raining heavy I hated it ,I looked for shelter but it was a BOOM BANG POW!!! The storm roared and stamped on a mammoth sized tree I ran from the rainforest POW! It blocks the exit the clouds cried and the rain got heavier was I going to survive?…

Reply
  20. One day, I was on a exciting trip with my friends in the rainforest . After 20 minutes ,I got caught up on looking at extrodinary chamelon and when i turned around all of my friends were gone . I searched the whole rainforest (well at least I think so ) but still nothing .1 hour later ,it was starting to get dark luckily there was enough sticks to make myself a cute little fort . In the middle of the night I woken up gittering and shaking with fear. As the wind howled , the sky whipped and the flashes carried on . I could hear the animals run as I made a pool of tears . The trees fell on my weak fort as I was inside curled up in a ball . HELP?!…

Reply
  21. One stormy night I was in a rainforest and it was raining and stomping like a flash of thunder it was scary that night there was no one in the forest with me it was scary because you couldn’t see eny animals there was lots of animals in the like tigers, monkeys and all the other ones and one more thing there is a lion and bees

Reply
      • One Tuesday, was a terrible day with a bag and a flash like lighting it was really bad because I was in the rainforest with all the animals and me and the animals was trying to find shelter so we don’t get wet and cold, get hurt. As fast as a lightning bolt and smashed into the trees with rage it was terrible I nearly got hurt but the animals saved me….

Reply
      • The forest and the storm are both dangerous because thunder striking on to the petrifing and the person in the forest was jogging his head off.

Reply
  22. I was on a trip with my class and suddenly a strange creature drawn my atension to it. I ran to see what this mysterious creature was. It was a monkey but not any monkey a spider monkey. It was very cute but I had to walk away from it because I remembered that I was on a trip. When I went back to the place where my class was they were gone. I checked my whatch to see what time it was but it was gone 3 o’clock so I panicked because I was lost in an rain forest. I searched from the top to the bottom to finde my class but they were gone vanished. It was getting dark so I had to finde a place to sleep. I saw a cave near by the Amazon river. I mad I fire with some sticks and leave to make me warm. I could here noise animals growling and some tweeting. The sky started to go black and missarabel doesn’t I could tell a storm was coming near by. I was getting scared because the thunder and lightning hit the trees near my cave. I woke up the next day to see if I could finde eny way home. Will I ever finde home again ?

Reply
  23. The storm was miserable and tremendous it was a very sad experience. I needed to hide under a large tree because it was really strong. The cute animals were scared and they hid under the tree with me so we was all squashed under the same tree. Also the tree nearly blew over on top of us so we nearly killed all of us.

Reply
  24. I was at the rainforest for a trip, when I heard a little “Arghhh!” It sounded like a bird, I think it was! I went inside then I saw snakes, sloths, and lots more! Anyway..I got hungry, and I didn’t bring ANY snacks, that means there’s something I could do, hm..there must be something..? Oh! I know I can get a bamboo stick and catch the fish and kill them, then eat the fish. And I could use the water. Sounds like I will be here for long!

Reply
      • When I was there, I heard thunder.. I knew what was gonna happen, and I think I’m stuck here. Lighting struck, what am I gonna do? The clouds went dark as a was walking through. Then I heard a whistle, but that was just the wind. Thunder hit me fast and easy. I got scared, even though I thought I wasn’t scared of thunder, I guess I am now. I ran my way through the rainforest, hoping I would find a way back home, but I don’t think I would’ve got anywhere. I’m stuck in this miserable rainforest, then I realised that It’s a storm. I knew it’s nearby or it’s rather just around the corner, waiting for me to try to find my way out. I’m..stuck. I knew it, I wouldn’t survive here, but what if I did, that’s why I said as the lighting struck behind me, that’s when I knew it would hit me soon enough, I need to get out of these trees, because the lighting hits trees. I ran and ran for happiness, but I couldn’t find it nowhere. I wonder if I will survive this..

Reply
  25. The storm covered the sky like a duvet covering a person. It spread through the sky with a hurendous amount of noise. Monkeys Howled toucans squaked and trees shook. Lightning stuck down from the sky with a mighty THUMP! Orang-utans searched for shelter as trees and leafs drank the water in joy. I had no choice but to hide with the Orong-utans for if I didn’t I would probably be struck by lightning I was terrified and so was all the animal and insects.

Reply
  26. It was a miserable day at the rain forest because a tremendous storm came. I looked out of my window and saw all the animals trying to find shelter. A toxic smell came along and the floor was a river the animals hissed howled and growled . The way they looked was awful I didn’t know what to do. I was so bored that day with the rain dropping down on the animals homes.

Reply
      • On Wednesday was a miserable day because there was a storm in the rainforest. As big as my house it grew bigger and bigger. I looked out of my window and opened the curtains from side to side. Is all all of the animals trying to find shelter. I smelt a toxic wind blowing up into my mouth.

Reply
  27. There are loud noises in the rain forest like snakes hisperin or frogs burping you can even here leads crunching it rains aĺot in the forest and you can here thunder from the sky.

Reply
    • One night it was terrible, I was stuck in a rainforest… I went to make a hut. I made one and made a fire with wood in my hut. I enjoyed the night sitting on the floor watching all the stars pass by. Something happened… A storm struck in from the heavens above…

All the animals came to me in a rush for shelter. I said “Wait I have room for only 5 animals, you will have to take shelter on your own.”So 5 off them stayed until… THE HUT FELL DOWN!!! I rushed to the nearest, biggest tree and……………..

I got struck.! I was passed out for a day. That day was terrible

Reply
  28. Rain is poring, thunder is booming, lightning is shooting across the sky. The orangutans were trying to run away from the sound of thunder and lightning. The sea was lighting up because the lightning was racing across the sky. The storm was as bad as lord Voldemort. All the trees were being set on fire because of the lightning.

Reply
  29. The storm was thrashing at the verdant trees like a titan defeating its weak, fragile opponent.
    The rain fell like the tears falling down the monkey’s cheek.

Reply
  30. It was a treible storm but at first it wasn’t that bad. As the minutes went past it got worse and worse and worse the animals were also trying to find shelter. I went under a tree with some poison dart frogs just only doging them. When storm finished the floor was mostly flooded.

Reply
  31. The rainforest storm was stronge and brave it ran around all the animals. It smell like something was burning but it was just the storm grabbing the tree and throwing them. The animals ran of in fear and didn’t know what to do. So I made a shelter until this devasting storm left . The storm loudly growled like a tiger as the animals were coming towards me to come in my small shelter.

Reply
  32. The storm was getting closer but it wasn’t so bad. But as the animals came out of there shelter lighting strikes and then a hour past and it was thundering hard and lighting hard. Then the animals tried to find shelter but as they got closer tree’s kept falling down on the shelter’s.Then water flew over the forest and it nearly flooded shelter’s were crushed and it was almost gone.

Reply
  33. As quick as a flash lightening struck then we was hidden under the tree and we got struck.Both slowly and quietly me and all !y animal friends shook to hide under a different tree.

Reply
  34. I was on a rainforest trip to discover new species I never seen before with my map. Accidentally, I dropped it into the flowing river, not able to catch it. I watched in horror as my only thing to stop me from getting lost is gone. Anxiously, I tried to follow the river as I might find my way back. It was getting dark, the more it was getting dark, the more I lost hope in myself. Strange animals started to howl and it was getting really cold, it suddenly started to rain, like a lot. Of course it was going to rain, it’s called the rainforest for a reason. I was getting frostbite and I started to shiver. Further in the midnight sky, I stopped lightning, there was a storm. Scared, I ran under a tree with the monkeys and covered myself with my coat. I noticed that the monkeys wanted to lead me somewhere so I followed them. They lead me to a cave. Wow, the monkeys saved my life. I gave them some food to thank them, I mostly gave them bananas. I slept to feel safe. In the morning the storm was gone. I was saved! I hugged the monkeys and continued my journey back home, I followed the river and I could see my boat. I sailed off. With a sign of relief, I returned home.

Reply
  35. The hot humid day of scorching sun, settled as dark raging clouds crouded the sky . It spat rain like a machine gun drizzling against the dirt and trees of abys I sprinted and tripped in the mud until I reached a large tree I scaled up it for protection of the rain flood . The clouds shouted and howled growing larger and darker as I sat and hoped I wouldn’t be in the tree for long . I heard howls and roars from other animals beneath me I tried to rest until morning but I was too worried I would be eaten alive by rattle snakes . The flood was as high as 4 metres around 12 ft ! But couldn’t drag me away due to the height of the robust scaley tree …

Reply
  36. You can hear birds and monkeys the storm. It is cold and wet but beautiful at the same time all the plants the colors the animals all you have ever wanted to dream of

Reply