Our link school visit!

Today we welcomed our link school St Andrews into our school. We have had a fun filled day teaching the St Andrew’s children all about life at Kearsley West.  We managed to complete some fantastic paired and group activities including making friendship bracelets, creating similarities and differences booklets and completing the protect the Pringle challenge.

I really enjoyed our ice breaker activities where we really got to know more about our partners. How interesting it was that some of our partners had the same favourite colours or favourite pets as us!

Mr Shawcross told me that his class have had a thoroughly enjoyable day. What was your favourite part of the day?

28 thoughts on “Our link school visit!”

1. I remember all about St. Andrews amazing visit to our school. It was such a good day! It was lovely meeting people I met months ago at Bolton Community College. I am so excited about visiting there school to see my two freinds, Ewen and Benjamin! The activities were all amazing but I mostly enjoyed Protect the Pringle. I thank the teachers for organising the “Linking School Project”!

Reply
    • * I am glad you had such a lovely day- I enjoyed seeing our friends again too! I am glad you enjoyed the Pringle activity. Do you think your group has a good chance of winning?
      W) there is a homophone. Their means belonging to. Re-write your sentence using the correct their.

Reply
  2. My favourite part of the day was protect the Pringles it was Great! Amazing! I think that our Pringle looks as good as new .The day was but when it was time to leave I was like also so sad #the day was great I feel like #CHEESE

Reply
    • * I am glad you enjoyed the Pringle activity- your Pringle may look as good as new now but will it still look the same after it has been through the post?
      W) your last sentence is very confusing read it and re- write correctly

Reply
      • I have hope that the Pringles is going to look good as new

It was because I put some amojes there but they was not showing

I was so sad# it was a great day

Reply
  3. On thursday when St androus our linking school my faveret activerty was making the frend ship braselets I made a rally good one it was the goodest day in school on Thursday I miss every one from St androus

Reply
    • * I am glad that you enjoyed the friendship bracelet activity.
      W) Take care with your spellings
      Andrews x 3
      favourite x 3
      activity x 3

Reply
  4. Oops! I didn’t notice that mistake!

“I am so excited about visiting their school to see my two friends, Ewen and Benjamin!”
    ⬆️

Reply
  5. My favourite was all of them the protect the pringle and similarities, different my favourite is the friendship bracelets that day is the best day of my live I’m very sad they had to leave.

Reply
    • * Wow! you enjoyed lots of the activities
      W) Can you tell me something that you learned about your partner?

Reply
  6. I loved my partner and I love the facts about him .let me tell you about him.did you know that he was born in 2008. It is interesting that he was born in January . It’s cool. that he likes football like me. My partners name is Daim.he is a muslim

Reply
    • * I liked the friendship bracelets too!
      W) we made the bracelets- re write your sentence using the correct verb.

Reply
    • * I am glad you enjoyed this activity- I have never done it before and thought it was great fun! Do you think your Pringle will make it through the post in one piece?
      W) Can you tell me two facts about your partner?

Reply
  7. I think my pringel will not brake.two of the facts are saffron likes doj ball and she is seven and a half like me

Reply
  8. On Thursday in kearsley west primary and nursery school was welcomeing St. Andrews to kearsley west.We all had a partner we asked our parters what they like my parter was a girl Her name is Sophie.She was so kind to me.She made me feel happy.we were best friends.We painted to geather we made friendship bracelet and we did a booklet to geather.Did you know that her favourite colour is yellow.Did you know that we both like pizza and little mix.

Reply
    • * sounds like you had a great day!
      W) Questions need question marks- re-write your did you know question using one.

Reply
  9. my partner is Ava she was very kind and to be kind back I gave her a big hug at the end of the day and she said “it’s not fair I don’t want to go”.

Reply