WOW Week!

What an exciting last week of this term. I love WOW weeks and all of the fun activities that we take part in.This term our WOW week has been based on science. I enjoyed learning about the different planets in the planetarium.  What have you learned about our focus scientist Isaac Newton? Which was your favourite science investigation?

33 thoughts on “WOW Week!”

1. What I liked best in walking water is that I learnt that water can walk obviously it doesn’t sound like it can walk but in the experiment we did today shows it does. This is done by using 7 cups, a tray, tissues, food colouring and water. I enjoyed doing this challenge because it sounded impossible for water to walk.

Reply
  2. Isacc Newton des über the reflecting telescope,caculas,Gravity I thinck there is another one but I do not know at all is that the right there I don’t have a clue.John Wittington was Isacc Newtons best best friend because they went to university together.

Reply
    • * I can tell you have learned lots about Isaac Newton
      W) I think your first sentence is a little mixed up. Can you write it again?

Reply
  3. I learned that water can walk because to make it walk you need seven cups and fill four of them and put tissues in the cups and it will walk in to it the over cup.

Reply
  4. Hellow again I think Wow Week has been brilliant and I have so much. I did not know that Isaac Newton didn’t like Robbot Hooke.

Reply
    • * I thought you did an amazing job at teaching the children all about diabetes- you will make a wonderful teacher.
      W) Can you write n alliterative sentence about the activity?

Reply
  5. My favorite part of wow week was making a lava lamp. It turned out so cool. You need a bottle,food colouring, alka seltzer,water,black card and vegetable oil. When I get home I will ask my mum if we could make one.

Reply
    • * I am glad you enjoyed WOW week
      W) Can you tell me two facts about Isaac Newton- remembering that proper nouns need capital letters?

Reply
  6. Did you know that the Isaac newton the apple story was not true.My favorite bit about wow week is that we tasted the apple’s that fell on top of Isaac newton’s head and my other favorite bit was when we made lava lamps mine and Taylor’s was so cool because everyone’s was yellow and white and mine and Taylor’s was orange and red.Did you know that he was a old man with curly hair.

Reply
    • * I am glad you enjoyed our Wow Week activities
      W) Remember proper nouns need to start with a capital letter Isaac Newton
      Write 3 more proper nouns

Reply
    • * I am glad you enjoyed so many activities in our wow week
      W) Can you write an alliterative sentence about one of the activities?

Reply
  7. I liked when the water when it moved it was so cool I thought it looked like a rainbow. I also liked the aeroplanes when we threw them I still remember how to make the aeroplane it was called the Dart. My Dart aeroplane beat the Monkey.

Reply
  8. My favourite part of Wow week was looking at all your fantastic hard work. Well done to Mrs Burke for displaying it so beautifully. Awesome amazing activities, challenging children and producing perfect progress!

Reply
      • I really like your alliterative sentences Mrs Cooper 3 consecutive words starting with the same letter is amazing. I wonder if anyone can write a sentence using 4 words that start with the same letter?

Reply