Which animal are you?

chinese-zodiac-calendar

2017 is the year of the Rooster – according to the Chinese Zodiac (12 year cycle).

Each year is represented by a different animal, which has related attributes (qualities).

Can you work out the correct animal for your birth year and then investigate to see if you share some of the same attributes.

39 thoughts on “Which animal are you?”

1. This is what I’ve found about the Snake as Zodiac:
    Strengths
    Soft-spoken, humorous, sympathetic, determined, passionate, smart
    Weaknesses
    Jealous, suspicious, sly, fickle, nonchalant

I think I can be all these and many more. Some I try not to, even if it is in my Zodiac nature. To tell you the truth I don’t think I believe in all these.

Reply
    • It’s interesting though isn’t it, I definitely think you have the strength characters – hope you’re feeling better Mr P.

Reply
  2. I’m a dragon, which google says means that I am smart, ambitious, and hardworking. I like that description, although I think I’d prefer to have some physical attributes of dragon, such as flying and/or breathing fire.

Reply
  3. I am a tiger,which are said to be friendly,brave,competitive and charming. I certainly hope I do have these attributes as they are lovely to have. More specific I am a wood tiger,which is good because I certainly do like the elements.

Reply
  4. I’m a dog, which Google says means that I am loyal and honest, amiable and kind, cautious and prudent. Due to having a strong sense of loyalty and sincerity, Dogs will do everything for the person who they think is most important.
    As Dogs are not good at communication, it is difficult for them to convey their thoughts to others. Therefore, Dogs tend to leave others with the impression that they have a stubborn personality.
    Born with a good nature, Dogs do not tend to be criminals or seek dishonest gains. They just need a quiet life and a good family and, therefore, forget the ugliness and evil on Earth.
    Dogs are always ready to help others and do not care about their own interests, but if they find themselves betrayed by cunning people they will feel shocked and hurt.
    When thrown into doubt, Dogs think the world is evil and complicated. Then they criticize sharply when giving comments on something, and infer all things are according to their pessimistic point of view.

Reply
  5. My animal is a goat!
    Google says that means that I am gentle mild-mannered, shy, stable, sympathetic, amicable, and brimming with a strong sense of kind-heartedness and justice.
    It also says I should have strong creativity and perseverance, and acquire professional skills well. Although goats look gentle on the surface, they are tough on the inside, always insisting on their own opinions in their minds. They have strong inner resilience and excellent defensive instincts.

I think some of this sounds like this and some of it doesn’t, but then I suppose I wasn’t expecting a perfect match.

Reply
  6. I am born in the year of the pig. Apparently this means I am warm hearted and loyal but also a bit lazy. Do you think it’s true?

Reply
    • I don’t know Hannah, I’ve never known you to be lazy but I have known you to be warm-hearted. I suppose I will know better next year when you are in Year 6!!

Reply
    • You need to research which animal you are yourself Sultan, search for the year of your birth and Chinese Zodiac and it will tell you.

Reply
  7. I’m a rooster but this year it is unlucky to be a rooster because of the 12 year cycle!
    Google said they are romantic, lucky, amusing and have a great personality. There favourite colours are yellow. That’s all I could find out.

Reply
  8. I am a rooster which is also the same as this year but it is unlucky because of the 12 year cycle.It’s been heard saying that roosters are romantic,lucky amusing and have a great personality.Also roosters favourite colour is yellow.

Reply
  9. I am rooster but this year is bad luck to be a rooster because 12 year cycle but they are romantic and amusing and there favourite colour is yellow and I have a great personality but I am not feeling bad luck but it will get me soon but next year ill not have bad luck

Reply
  10. Okay, wow, I did my research, and I am a pig, in the year 2007, I’m loyal, and never do any harm to others, but I don’t grow up to be that healthy, Ehhhh…

Reply
    • That’s definitely a good trait to have Taylor, in fact both loyalty and kindness to others are traits everyone should aspire to.

Reply